Taking Bilbo Baggins, a successful movie actor who is only just getting used to the perks and intricacies of becoming A Face People Want To See, and putting him together with Thorin Oakenshield, with his very traditional (read: slightly backwards) ideas about what constitutes Real Art and Real Talent, might very well be viewed as just some clothead’s idea of a joke. But there are jokes, and then there are carefully calculated risks the size of controversial reproductions of classic Shakespearean plays - for Bilbo, it is the chance of a lifetime to prove himself to all those who have ever deemed him too one-dimensional to even attempt stage, while Thorin has the opportunity to get out of the rut that’s been hindering his career for so long now, and shine in a role worthy of his talent once again. That is if the two learn how to share the same space for more than ten minutes without wanting to tear each other’s hair out. The course of true love never did run smooth, after all…
"Flubbing lines is exhausting business."
tagged by elenothar
rules: in a text post, list ten FICS that have stayed with you in some way. don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” works, or even all the same pairing or fandom, just the fics that have touched you or that stuck with you somehow. tag
tensome friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them!
- Here, There Be Dragons by bendingsignpost (one of the very first Bagginshield fics I’ve read and it impacted me so much because at the time I was so unused to the FEELS)
- all that shine as moonstone leave a discernible mark by kay_cricketed (this fic never disappoints when I need a good cry. it’s an ancient one as the fair ship Bagginshield goes, but. just. SLAYS.)
- How The West Was Won and Where It Got Us by stickman (yes, I wax poetic about this fic all the time. because it deserves it. I will always fondly remember the two rainy afternoons I spent catching up with it, and the weeks of vague existential blues I suffered from afterward.)
- The King’s Man by The Feels Whale (man, delicious smut. probably got me into smut, come to think of it.)
- so I wait for you like a lonely house by stopchasingflowers (a shining, many-splendored gem of a fic, captivating even after all this time and probably forever.)
- The Road Delivered Us Home by keelywolfe (obviously. actually, it took me so long to read this classic, but when I finally did, I never looked back and never regretted it. good god.)
- bring your battle to my door by kay_cricketed (another one by this author that I keep coming back to. don’t think I’ve ever read such masterfully written smut tbh)
- I Sang In My Chains Like The Sea by LittleBigSpoon (pacrim AU. PACRIM AU!!)
- Life Signs by tarysande (Mass Effect, Shakarian, me branching out to my other fandoms for the first time in literally eons, me being left astounded and emotionally compromised. yeah.)
- Alone On The Water by Mad_Lori (yeah, I used to read Sherlock fics. man, I cried so much, I was such a fandom newbie and, yes, unused to the feels. sue me.)
do you think fili’s battle outfit resembles boromir’s outfit so much because he will also die protecting someone?
first of all how dare you
Mess is Mine - Dream Your Life Away (Coming September)